Tuesday 30 March 2010

Round Eight - University - Just You & Me

Lee Darwin and Miranda King have taken a convoluted path to happiness but they're finally together, and engaged! Things will be fine if Miranda's little sister manages to stay away...

Miranda's POV:
Things are going better than great with me and Sam. We don't need to be all up in each others' business anymore (I'll admit I got a bit clingy early on, I'm insecure sometimes). Now we're both happy just sitting and studying. It's like study-dates back in high school but without any parental hovering... not that Sam's parents ever bothered anyway.

I've had to do a lot of work on my fitness for my classes - I don't understand quite what that's got to do with biology. I'm not majoring in medicine! Sam joined in too but only out of camaraderie and a bit of pity. He barely even tried, just bounced around on the spot while I was flexing!


But even though I don't see the necessity, I've got a membership at the campus gym. Sam couldn't be bothered so I left him behind. I don't need to watch him all the time, he's no cheat. I mean... I'm not dumb, I've seen the way Liliana's looked at him over the last few years. But Sam wouldn't do anything. It'd be illegal!


I found another cardio activity, albeit by accident... turns out getting chased by bees is a lot less fun than the treadmill. I just wanted to work on my bug collection! I know, I know, I'm a great big nerd, but I love it and apparently Sam does too. Not that he couldn't love it, he actually bought a book on birdwatching and started going on about migratory patterns.

I do wish we'd gotten a place of our own rather than stayed in dorms. Some of our dormmates are creepy. Seriously, who wants the llama mascot cheering you on when you're kissing your boyfriend?! We don't need any encouragement. In fact, I'd prefer it if I were a little less frisky. I don't want to get pregnant before graduation!

Speaking of graduation, our plans are completely sorted out. Sam asked me to move in with him - it'll be a bit crowded what with his dad and his baby brother, but hey, it beats my family now the house is full of nieces and nephews and my dad's gone a bit... weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment