Monday 22 March 2010

Round Eight - Darwin - Love & Loss

After Sam Darwin's departure to university, Harvey Darwin and his pregnant mistress Esther are all alone in the house. How will they deal with all the drama and still run Darwin Arts?



"That's it, I quit!" Harvey watched another employee walk out on him. Everything that had been going on had meant it was hard to keep up with wages and breaks, especially as Esther was too tired to work full days. They'd have to hire new staff when they could afford it... at the moment, though, they needed to find a replacement for the latest walkout.


Esther still helped out as much as she was physically able. She had a real gift for sales. She was never pushy but her friendly nature worked just as well as Harvey's more aggressive sales technique.


Allyn, the expectant mother of Harvey's grandchild, often stopped by. She may have been a bit of a slacker but she had a true appreciation for art and liked to browse even if she wasn't going to buy anything (much to Harvey's annoyance).


Unfortunately, tragedy struck soon after. Esther miscarried. The barrage of tests the doctor put her through afterwards proved inconclusive as to why - it could have been stress, it could have been a serious health problem, but it could have just been a terrible but inexplicable misfortune. Esther was understandably distraught. She couldn't work for a long time, just stayed holed up in the bedroom crying.


Harvey may not have been the best guy in the world but he wasn't heartless and he did love Esther. He was apprehensive about trying for another child but that was what she wanted and he already felt guilty enough about sticking her with him without destroying another of her hopes and dreams.



Esther became pregnant again soon after. She was less joyful, refusing to tempt fate, and kept herself to herself... something inside her told her this was her last chance.


Note: This makes me so freaking sad. I hate keeping this in my game but I keep telling myself it's a natural and realistic way of keeping the population down, even if it does sucker-punch me every time. Bad memories :(

2 comments:

  1. I like having the chance of miscarriages because it is more realistic but I hate when it happens. I always look forward to it when a sim is pregnant and I try to treat them with care. But when I miscarriage happens I always get said and want to quit without saving.

    I hope this pregnancy works out for Esther and Harvey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I always look forward to sim-babies - genetics time! Usually I'm good with keeping pregnant sims happy and healthy but Esther's the biggest challenge I've faced in a while - her needs keep plummeting and never seem to stop, even after the morning sickness phase! Hopefully this one'll go better.

    ReplyDelete