Tuesday 20 April 2010

Round Ten - King - Teenage Angst

The King household is as crowded as ever, and now Nathaniel and Petal's eldest child Athena has reached her teenage years it isn't going to get any easier!

(Athena's POV)
I know all teenagers think their family is weird, but mine is super-weird. I mean, I've only just started high school, my life is difficult enough without my GRANDMA playing soccer in the back yard. I can just about handle it from mom, she's not wrinkly yet, but grandma?

I mean, she's this super-duper matriarch, right? All obsessed with us going to college and getting married and stuff like that. But at the same time she acts like a little kid - she loves playing on the games console and gets real over-the-top whenever she wins. But it's funny when my little brother gets beaten by an old lady.

He is SO annoying. The other day I was jumping rope outside, because I want to look good so I can get a boyfriend, then he ran out to hug dad when he got home from work. I nearly hit them with the rope! Then they got all mean even though it was their own fault!

Mom keeps getting on my case. She brought home some friend from work and I thought he was cute so I started talking to him, then she began watching me like I was going to jump him or something. Then when he left I got this huge lecture about not chasing older men and blah blah blah. Ugh!

David keeps making fun of me because I don't have a boyfriend, telling me I'm too grouchy for people to like me! Whatever! I'm going to find a great boyfriend, then we'll go steady then get married and have loads of babies and... oh god, I sound like my grandma.

Notes: Athena rolled family - I'm not sure if it suits her! She finds it so hard to get into good conversations with people, and she's really picky about boys... but that last bit is probably a good thing. No bad boyfriends for Athena! I guess it suits her better than Romance, like poor grouchy Amanda in my last challenge.

BONUS PIC:
According to this random townie kid David brought home from school, Nathaniel and Petal are the most embarrassing parents ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment